This mashed cauliflower recipe is so good that you will forget all about regular mashed potatoes. This recipe is very low on carbs, but huge on flavor. You'll absolutely love how easy this dish is to make compared to regular mashed potatoes.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 4 tbsp softened butter
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- parsley or green onions for topping (optional)
Separate cauliflower into florets and chop up into smaller pieces.
Rinse throughly in cold water.
Add into a medium sized pot and boil for about 15 minutes or until soften.
Drain water from cauliflower and let sit for a couple of minutes for all excess water to come out.
Combine cauliflower, milk, softened butter, salt and pepper in a food processer. Mix until desired consistency.
Serve with chopped parsley or green onions on top.
1. Allow cauliflower to sit in the strainer for a couple of minutes to make sure all the water is out. You do not want watery mashed cauliflower.
2. Boiling is my preferred method to prepare this dish, however, steaming is also a great alternative.
3. Work with warm cauliflower, do not let cool completely. After all, you do not want to eat cold food.
4. Serve immediately, this recipe is not ideal for leftovers.
5. May add additional seasoning or ingredients to your own personal taste, for example, parmesan cheese, cooked minced garlic, cream cheese, sour cream there are no limits!