These twicebaked potatoes are so fun to make, and its not your boring potato recipe. What i most love about these is you can really customize them however you want, thus making it such a great dish for everyone to enjoy at the dinner table!
- 8-10 small/medium yellow potatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tbsp green onions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp cheese
- 4 strips cooked bacon (cut up into tiny pieces)
1. In a large pot, boil potatoes for 15-120 minutes or until you can pierce a fork through (this determines if potatoes are done). See blog post for other options to cook the potatoes.
2. Once potatoes are done cool for about 10 minutes, (do not let the potatoes cool completely, you want to work with warm/hot potatoes to be able to scoop the flesh out)
3. Scoop the inside of the potatoes out leaving about 1/4 inch of the potato. Transfer the inside of potatoes to a medium bowl.
4. To the medium mixing bowl also add heavy cream, sour cream, cheese, butter, and seasonings., and don't forget the green onions too. You may also add your additional toppings to this part.
Mix until well combined.
Scoop back into the potatoes shells. Add extra cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Add toppings (optional)