Steak salad is filled with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, corn, feta cheese, fried onions, and of course steak! This combination is absolutely delicious you will keep wanting to make more!
For the Steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb thin sliced steak
- Salt (season to taste)
- Pepper (season to taste)
- Garlic Powder (season to taste)
For the Salad
- 1 Large bunch of Romaine Lettuce or two medium
- 14 oz corn (Use Grilled, fresh, frozen, or canned corn)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 - 1 cup feta cheese
- 14 oz canned beans (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups crispy fried onions
- ranch or poppy seed dressing
Cooking the Steak
1. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
2. Once the skillet feels warm, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add 1 pound of thin sliced, chopped steaks. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper (or with seasonings of your choice). Cook steak for 5-8 minutes, until done to your liking.
3. Rinse the lettuce throughly along side with any other vegetables.
4. Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, and the avocado.
Assembling the salad
1. Add chopped romaine lettuce into a large salad bowl.
2. Add chopped tomatoes, avocado, corn, beans, feta cheese, and the steak
3. Top with crispy fried onions.
4. Serve with ranch, poppy seed dressing, or you favorite balsamic vinaigrette.